A Strategic Procurement Masterclass
with Jonathan Dutton FCIPS FCIM
A ‘pop-up’ TWO-DAY workshop for experienced procurement managers
14-15th December 2017 Melbourne CBD
What is the difference between category management and strategic sourcing?
This two-day strategic procurement workshop is a real opportunity, and a surprisingly rare one in a crowded training market, to genuinely uplift your strategic thinking capability in a professional procurement context. This programme has run successfully over 25 times across Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia since late 2013. Each time with updates & improvements.
Participants will leave this masterclass with practical tools & techniques that enable them to practice a more strategic approach to procurement immediately. Also, with a new perspective on how to deliver genuinely strategic procurement relevant to your organisations Marketing Strategy.
Key themes in the programme include:
• The major questions & challenges facing the procurement profession in future
• Taking a glimpse at the sales professional’s view of buyers
• The imperative of Sustainable Procurement & the new ISO 20:400 Standard
• The difference between Category Management & Strategic Sourcing?
• How Procurement can integrate with your Marketing strategy – a unique perspective
This workshop includes eclectic and recent contributions
This workshop includes many examples of international thought leadership in the profession harvested from around the world, fused with established procurement theory and real-life examples from over 25 case studies during the two-day programme.
The workshop is be split into EIGHT key sections over the two-days which are covered through presentation, discussion, exercises and group interaction:
Eight Key workshop segments
Procurement leadership - introduction
1. The business context for procurement
2. The role of modern procurement and supply management & social procurement
3. Opportunity analysis
4. Market analysis
5. Category Management
6. Market management overview
7. Integrating procurement & supply chain management
8. Contract management & SRM
This masterclass is ideal for procurement managers looking to become more strategic in their perspective on our profession, for experienced category managers getting ready to move up, bright young things looking to learn quickly about procurement as well as seasoned procurement professionals getting ready for their next step.
By the end of the two-day workshop you will:
- Understand the context & complexity within which modern strategic procurement has to deliver and meet stakeholder needs
- Develop a thorough grasp of the essentials & process of a strategic approach to procurement and how procurement can stay relevant
- Be able to commence both a spend analysis & risk analysis, as a start to a more strategic approach to procurement
- Have the confidence to be able to manage suppliers through a more strategic process
- Be able to utilise a broad variety of strategic procurement tools and techniques
- Understand the true role of procurement for your organisation and how to align a more strategic approach that is right for you ... and the surprising link between procurement and marketing.
What previous attendees have said:
"I went into the course with a relatively low expectation of receiving mountains of theory and not so many practical examples. To my absolute delight I found Jonathan’s delivery to be extremely energetic. His ability to call on practical examples for almost every scenario discussed was outstanding. The examples were very real and stretched across many industries, scenarios and often strayed well beyond his own personal experiences.”
Group Procurement Manager, major Australian corporation
“The course was absolutely fantastic and Jonathan was a breath of fresh air especially his knowledge & personal experiences he shared with us. I took away so much from the course I would recommended it to anyone in my field.”
Arvind Mistry Purchasing Co-ordinator, Genea
Each delegate receives a printed workbook including all slides – plus a personal copy of five recent white-papers:
- “Category Management is the new black – but is it working?” by Jonathan Dutton FCIPS
- “5 Steps to a sustainable supply chain” by Jonathan Dutton FCIPS
- The 7th RIGHT by Jonathan Dutton FCIPS
- The 8th RIGHT by Dr Sara Cullen
- The 12 Best Practices in Contract Management by Dr Sara Cullen
Previous Attendees have included executives from organisations such as;
Air New Zealand, Asciano, Ballance ND, Bethanie Group, BHP Billiton, Bluescope, Bureau Veritas, CBA, Dept of Defence, Dept of Health NSW, DFAT, EMC, EY, Fisher & Paykel, Foxtel, Genea, Jemena, LGP NSW, Lindt, Monash University, Newcastle Bldg Society, Novartis, Nufarm, Oil Search, Parmalat, Petronas, Primary Care Network, PWC, Ramsay Health, Rheem, Rio Tinto, SITA, Sydney Catchment, Sydney Trains, TAL, TNT Australia, VIC Govt DEECD, Wilmar Sugar, Yan Coal ... and many others.